Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Won the lottery (kind of)

I was at school from 7am to 8:30pm today, I'm tired. After class we had a dinner for graduating our CEVS (clinical evaluation of the visual system) class. CEVS is a year long class that is one of our more important classes that lays the foundation for our clinical skills. Our instructor gave out some awards and I recieved the "keep me on my toes" award. I guess I kept her on her toes by asking a lot of questions and ensuring she was doing things correctly. We had one battle during the year about a test question that she admitted my answer was correct but still did not give me credit for it. She won that battle and I learned from then on that I will probably never win those battles so just lay low, fly under the radar.

After the dinner our class met to determine each of our fates for our fourth year externship sites. This is were I won the lottery. Only by divine intervention was I able to get my last 2 quarters anywhere I want. Which means we can move back to paradise before Christmas of 2007. The grandmas will be stoked.

Brittney's addition to the blog in early celebration of our departure:

Some more reasons Alabama rules:
There are a lot of awesome people here
The winters are mild and pleasant
It storms here with the wrath of heaven
There's a lot of cool research happening at UAB
Our house is sweet

Things we won't miss:
The lack of mexican food
The DMV
The trash on the side of the road
Feuding neighbors
Walmart

No comments: