Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Deep in Disease

I've been thrown into the fire at school, seeing patients all day and expected diagnose and treat any of thousands of eye problems. Most of the patients seem to have some kind of disease like glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, ptrygium, etc... and today I had a patient with graves disease or thyroid eye disease. All I can say is that the attending doctors expect a lot out of us even though we are green. It is pretty intense but I am having a great time.

My parents are flying in tomorrow and we are heading up to the Norba national in North Carolina. I am not going to be racing but I hope to get in some good riding and be Rog's support crew.

Word on the street is that Esteve saw a bear up South Fork canyon near big springs. Rog saw a bear up there last year. Carry a gun when you ride big springs, or at least a camera.

Ella's quote of the day, as she was looking at the alarm clock batteries, "mom, where do batteries come from? batteries don't come from chickens, chickens come from chickens "

I did manage to get out for short ride this evening. props to my big wig pro bro bartmang for holding down a full time job and having the energy to train. I was pretty tired after working all day today, all I could manage was a good cruise, no hammering for me. That book he is thinking about writing might be a big seller.

1 comment:

primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

bart doesnt train he rides home 30 mins up the hill then moves rocks for 4 hours or digs miles of trails around the yard. or hikes around with eva in a pack or tows her home up the hill. thats not training thats just family time.