Sunday, October 08, 2006

Cow eyes and golf

I had some fun at school this week honing my foreign body removal skills on cow eyes, as well as stromal puncture and debridement. Here is a stromal puncture needle, it is used to puncture the cornea and make small scars to prevent recurrent corneal erosion. making scars to fix a problem, sounds strange but it works. Corneal epithelial debridement, basically it is a little dremel tool with a dental bit used to clean up loose epithelium after some kind of trauma or remove a rust ring from a metallic foreign body. My good friend Todd modeling the cow eye.

Golf took up the remainder of my time this week, 18 holes Friday at Green Briar par 3, new course record for me with a 68, and 18 holes Saturday at Highland Park. I was playing the best golf of my life Saturday until hole # 14 and I finished with bogey, double bogey, double bogey, bogey, and mustered up all the strength and focus I could and finished with a par. Where is the cart girl with a coke when you need it.

No comments: