Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The Biz

I cleaned out this display case and the kids wanted in. If you catch me at the right time I may sell them for 20% off (the kids, not the case).

We have been busy but busy is good. Who knew working with the husband could be so fun!?! We should have gone into business together a long time ago.

I found a babysitter 2 times a week and that is helping a lot. Depression is its own little monster and sometimes it takes more than gratitude and a good attitude to fight it off.

Thank goodness for Courtney, Kelly and Karin. Phone calls do wonders to get you out of bed.

At work I have mainly been focused on the staff and getting a strong system in place so we can double our patient load. We also have some remodeling in the works, new signage, new software . . .

Also, we are hosting a reception for the retiring doctor on Tuesday for 100+ people (the chamber of commerce plus an open invite in the paper). Catering was outrageous so I am cooking all the food. Does anyone else think that is funny? One person minus 3 kids equals 1/4 of a person! Anyway, just trying to finalize the menu and prepare so it isn't stressful. I will post pictures on our cooking blog DivasWhoDish.blogspot.com when it is done.

5 comments:

todd said...

I want to see pics of the rest of the place!

Karin said...

I will take the case if it comes with the kids.

I want to see more of the office too.

gillespie said...

Wish I could fly out and help with you with the food(or kids). Tuesday's a little soon. Good luck - if anyone can handle it you can.

gina said...

you're doing the catering?! Oh brit, how I wish I lived closer....I hope your Costco isn't too far away.

ROSIE said...

It all sounds fantastic to me! But you know I love planning a good party! I must start calling you and we can get each other out of bed :)