Friday, January 21, 2011

Random January Update

We have been playing a lot of hide-n-seek lately. A Lot. It is amazing how many hiding places there are in our tiny house.


Ella, Kate and Dash have a new cousin! Her name is shelby. Every day, and I mean every single day, Ella asks me for a dog and Kate asks me for a puppy. For now they have to live vicariously through Grandma Anne's pets.





















I wish I could capture how beautiful the river is. I want to swim across and back this summer so I have been training at the local pool. I love swimming. I can't wait to become a great swimmer.









And my sweet little first grader. We have to leave for school at 7:30 but she gets up early and is ready to go. I am grateful to have such a friendly, adaptable kid. I have also been really happy with her school. It is only kindergarten and first grade. I like that they keep the little kids separate from the older ones.

3 comments:

Karin said...

Hide n seek is the best game ever. My kids want to come play with yours. I bet those kiddos are dying to meet the new puppy, mine are.

Last- tell Ella to slow down. She is way too grown up.

ROSIE said...

Good job on the swimming! I can't wait for you to become a fantastic swimmer. I need to do the same!

Tricia said...

I cannot let the kids see those dogs! I have convinced them (for now) that a new baby is more fun than a new puppy, but I don't expect it to last much longer. And I have to say Ella does NOT look like a "little one" in that picture! She is a gorgeous grown up girl. I'm so glad she's enjoying school. :)

P.S. Baby 5 is a boy due June 12 so Lorelai will still reign as the only princess in the castle. ;)