Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Modest is hottest


Ella came to me today and said,

"Mom, I have an idea. It started in my tummy and it is coming up my throat . . . I want to sew a dress."
So she picked out her material in my scrap pile and asked what to do first. I told her we needed a pattern. "I'll lie down and you can trace me." So that's what we did. I got out a magic marker and traced a pattern. Then she cut it out, picked another color, and tried to cut it out the same.

Then I threaded a needle and had her sew down each side. I thought at first it was going to be way too small because she sewed a ways in from her edges, but VOILA. The thing fit and I about died laughing and smiling with pride.
I SWEAR she did this all by herself. We are adding sleeves tomorrow because as Ella and Kate say, "Modest is hottest!" But here is a preview. Kate took the pictures.

5 comments:

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

Wow that is awesome!! She has a talent.

ROSIE said...

The best part is that her idea started in her tummy and then she threw it up :) Where does she come up with these things! I LOVE IT!!!!

Karin said...

HOLY COW! I am so impressed. Ella, you are a genius and grandma was right!!

Can you sew me a dress for our work party?

Macdonalds said...

What talent! I can't even sew- How fun! I bet grandma Anne is in heaven with her budding little seamstress.

Kathy said...

Wow, very soon Ella can learn to make Raggedy Ann & Andy!!