Saturday, December 05, 2009

Christmas on the river

Demopolis is famous for Christmas on the River. They also host a 5K that's part of Tuscaloosa's grand prix.


Ella ran the kid race. Kyle, Kate and Dash were her support team.
Before we left for the race I asked Ella what she should do if she felt like stopping. Her reply: "I guess I'll stop." I suggested she try to push through. "Yeah, okay. Good idea."


My running buddies, Lauren and Lil.
They are the best!
Lauren--Had the best effort at the end and made her goal with 2 seconds to spare!
Lil--Took second in her category.
Me--First in my category, third woman overall, seventeenth if you count the men. Pardon my crazy hair.








And P.S. here is an update on Ella's dress. It now has sleeves!


6 comments:

Dana said...

Sorry I didn't call you back today. Long day! Congrats on the run! I'm proud of you (and Lauren!)

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

Congratulations girl, that is awesome. I love Ella's dress, it is one of a kind.

Sarah said...

Congrats on the run! Love Ella's design skills...and she makes me laugh so hard, her comment about having an idea starting in her tummy and coming up her throat?? Who says that! I laughed out loud. You have the cutest kids Brit.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Good job guys! I'm with Ella, stop when you feel like stopping. :)

The dress is great - I am proud of her.

JENNE said...

Way to go Britt!
You have got some mad skills I can't run with you.

gina said...

you go girl!