Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dash's B-day and School Christmas Party

This first picture made me cry when I saw it. Kyle is the best husband but he is an even better dad. I am so blessed that my kids have him in their lives. He is quiet to most people but he really knows how to love.


Our Christmas party on lilypad lane. I love these kids and their moms.
Ella and Kate, in December, in the rain. At some point you have to not fight it and say, sure, wear your swimsuit in the rain and see how long you last in the cold.
Regardless, there is something freeing and wonderful about playing in the rain and mud in a month when you should be wearing scarves and gloves.
That is one gift I hope to give my kids as a mom. I want them to know what it's like to be without boundaries . . . to be creative, to love, to be free, to innovate, to experience rain and sunshine . . . to know what happy feels like deep down.








My demopolis family.

7 comments:

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

I love you, you are such a good mom, and neighborhood friend you always get everyone together. I miss you!

gillespie said...

What a fun post. Thanks.

ROSIE said...

There is nothing like the feeling of being FREE!!! It is so good to stop and think about it once in a while and not worry about the kids getting dirty, being cold, & just let them be! Thanks for the reminder :) And Dash is soooooo cute!!

Kathy said...

Kyle picked a darn good person to be his wife and the mother of his children. Dash is such a beautiful little guy. I cannot wait to see them again. I know, I know, I keep promising we are coming that way. We will soon.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

So cute! I love you and am so so happy for you. :)

dishka said...

As always, you're such an inspiration. Though, I don't think I'm quite at the point of letting my kids play in the rain in Dec. Maybe one day! At any rate, you're an awesome mama! Your kids are super lucky!

Lindsey said...

Oh, Brit you're such a great mom!!! What cute kids you guys have. Happy birthday to Dash - where did that year go. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!!!