Monday, April 05, 2010

Reno-Tahoe Odyssey

I have dedicated this spring and summer to fitness. Biking is my love but running is my back-up sport. Looks like I am doing the Odyssey June 4-5. 178 miles around Tahoe on a team of 12. I am hoping to be a strong member of the team and turn quick times.




















So here is me saying hello to a couple months of dicipline and goodbye to a few of my favorite meals. I am looking to shed 10 pounds. We will see if it happens.

I had forgotten about the pain that comes with racing. Besides putting in the miles I need to get my gritty mindset back; you know, the mindset that allows you to embrace the pain, find a ryhthym in it, use it to your advantage.

There is a joy on the other side of racing that is so wonderful and exhilirating. Hopefully all goes well and my knees will stay injury free . . .

4 comments:

gillespie said...

Fun - Good Luck!

Kathy said...

I am proud of you Brit, just stay focused.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

yikes! i'm sure it will be so fun!

Lisa Curtis said...

You will do great!!! YAY!!!! I need your email address!
Lisa