Sunday, April 25, 2010

Man down! (Or mom, that is!)

So something is really wrong with my neck/back and I've been down for 3 days. Can't move. Have to lie still. You know, so convenient with the kids.

So what does a girl do? I read 500 pages. Mourned over a friend's loss. Talked to a bunch of friends on the phone. I'm ready to get better now.

Kyle has pretty much been the greatest this weekend. Though I did get a kick out of him saying things like, "I'm just frustrated. I'm trying to do something but the kids . . . " Welcome to motherhood, Dad!



















I thought it was funny that I read the Help when i could've really used a maid myself this week . . . that said, this book is AMAZING--literature at its best.

Some people don't like fiction because its not "real." but the best literature distills life down into truth so potent you can't help but see things more clearly.


Here's a pix of my Help taking a well-deserved nap. Love you, babe!

5 comments:

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I'm going to go look for that book. Hope you get feeling better soon. That stupid accident still causing you problems. :(

JENNE said...

Oh yes that book is great! Time down well spent I say. If you are down any longer you will probably write a book of your own that is even better.

Dana said...

What I want to know is, did Kyle drink his milk before he fell asleep? :)

Ashley Whimpey: The One with the Fairy Dust said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Whimpey: The One with the Fairy Dust said...

My poor Brit! It would be SO tough not being able to move with 3 kids! I can barely do it with one! but i'm glad you found something to keep your mind on. that can be the best way to keep your mind off the pain, even if it's watching the entire 10 seasons of Friends from beginning to end for the 14th time. Sad. . .but true. What's going on with your neck? do you have a good chiropractor or massage therapist? if you're in slc i have a life saver m.t. that you would LOVE. He is brilliant, and understands so much more of the body than any massage therapist i know. plus, he seems like one of our friends from high school, so he's fun to talk to. anyway, . . .hope you're getting better. and i'm checking out that book!