Friday, July 04, 2008

longer shaft equals lower scores

Kyle saw 298 patients in June and got his first paycheck since we've been married. AWESOME. But what he's most excited about is the new shaft on his driver. I stole one of his replies off a golfing forum for your enjoyment.

"the reason the swing weight is so high is because the shaft is so long. It is not the extra weight that is giving me the extra distance it is the increased swing speed from the long shaft. Although I have found that the heavy club helps me be more consistent because I have more feel of the club head.

"You have probably heard all the hype about the TM burner clubs being so long off the tee, they come standard with a 46" shaft but the heads are designed to be lighter to keep the swing weight down so naturally with the longer shaft you will get more more swing speed.

"I think it has been about 2 years now that my 3 wood has been just as long as my driver and it is very frustrating to have 2 clubs go the same distance. I am now a believer in the long shaft, the swing is a little different you have to take it back low and slow but I do not feel like I am trying to kill the ball and it is going 300+ yards.

"today I gave the group in front of me a surprise on a few 350-360 yard holes when my ball stopped 15-20 yards from the green and they were really surprised when a little 5'7" 140lb guy comes riding up to find his ball. Golf is alot more fun now and my scores have dropped from the mid to high 70's to the low 70's

"Sorry about the long winded response but I am so excited about this that I just cant help it.Kyle

1 comment:

Young Baldwin said...

Nope...Well kind of,dad told me I should say the word just to see your reaction.By the way, the you are very predictable.Okay well maybe not predictable but I knew you would say something about it.Once again I reign victoriously!Just don't expect me to go around saying my favorite color is happiness.Dad's other idea was tell people I wanted them to call me by my first name but than...every one will know my first name.Which would be...well it would really scare me.

_Orla B._