Monday, June 02, 2008

May: the short list

1. Kyle graduated from UAB! Yahoo! (Thanks to his parents for coming out, family and friends for their support, and Dan and Mary for everything)

2. Our baby is due Christmas day. Yeah! Nausea in this heat is unbearable.

3. Our dear friend Karen Deschamps passed away and we flew to Utah for her funeral. Prayers to Mindy and her family.

4. Katie-kate has upped her fearlessness. She routinely tries to fly. Also, last week she handed me a toy and told me to "hold this"

5. Iron man is awesome and everyone should see it.
6. Kyle had his first day of paid labor today. He is already planning his retirement.

7. I officially retired yesterday from my role as breadwinner. Today i went through about 36,000 emails getting ready to send my computer back. In the mix i found this ditty from our weekly rides at TNI. Hopefully k and i will get back to those trails soon.

Here's to retirement, getting me a bike, and spending a lot more time outdoors with the fam.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great flick Brit!! Awesome footage...i have so much more respect for Mtn. bikers after my last ride, tough. We are excited about all your good news and hope it continues...sorry to hear about Mindi's mom? So sad. Congrats on getting back into swimming, I LOVE IT!:)

kayemeff said...

It seems like everything is so exciting for you guys right now! Everything's changing and you've FINALLY reached what you've been working towards for....well I don't even know how long Kyle was in school, but a LONG time! Congrats!! And, Yeah!!! A Christmas baby, I love that!! Can't get a better present than a new baby!! We had lots of fun on our trip to Demopolis! And, sorry I didn't even say bye to you that Sunday you were here, I took the tv back to the library and then I started gathering up kids and then we were half way home and I was like crap I forgot to tell Brittney, bye. SORRY! Talk to you soon......Kristie