Saturday, June 05, 2010

Tahoe Odyssey

So we were short a runner and had to pick up a couple of extra legs but overall great times at the Tahoe-Reno Odyssey. 178 miles later, you can't beat the scenery or people.

I had the best support team in the world. What cuties. I love my kids.
Kate woke up on race day, put on her tennis shoes and ballet outfit and said, "Okay, mom, I'm ready for your race." She is an animal herself and I bet you've never seen a 3 year old run hills like katie kate.



Seriously, the views on this course were amazing.








Kyle took the kids to "the pond" after they stopped by to say hi. (Lake Tahoe).
FYI: if you are in the market for a new headlamp the blackdiamond sprinter is the coolest headlamp in the world.
Favorite part: My midnight run up to daggett pass.

Least favorite part: Driving a teammate to the ER after the last lap. Don't worry. After a couple IVs she's feeling much better.

Anyway, i am looking foward to riding my bike a little now. Here's to a summer of mountain trails and fun.

2 comments:

How Sweet it is! said...

I miss Tahoe. Isn't it great to have such a beautiful place a short drive away? we loved going there often. Mark loved riding a trail called the flume up there.

Karin said...

How neat, I can't wait to talk to you about it. You're one athletic animal, I'm jealous. Oh, Dash is sooooooo cute! My goodness, he has grown up so much. I need to see him and the rest of you soon.