Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Our new stomping ground

Kindergarten is only half day in Reno and for some reason the time felt right. It was amazing to see her just join the other kids on the playground like she'd been with them all year.


Our house backs up to a walking path and protected wetlands. It is a great place for the kids to ride bikes. Kate (aka "full throttle") can go all out and I don't have to worry about her getting flattened by a car.

The very small but very entertaining waterfall. The other day I watched Kate strip off her boots, then socks, then pants, then underwear and sit in it while there was still snow on the ground. Sometimes I think she would be great in an adam sandler movie.

This park is for gladiators in training and is just a short ride down the path.

Dash hanging in his chair.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Those first two pictures and the very last are just as cute as ever. I can't believe Ella is in kindergarten. I love Kate on her bike with her scarf and Dash couldn't be any cuter!! He already looks so much bigger. Oh, and that park does look amazing.

Logan said...

Oh how I miss Reno! I hope you are enjoying it out there! What part of town do you guys live?

Kathy said...

Great park, looks like a perfect place for your family. Your new neighborhood will soon learn how lucky they are to have the Gillespie family.

Jen H said...

Yay! I can tell we will be good friends, you are hilarious!

Just so you know, I will be blog stalking you now . . . bwahahah