Sunday, September 13, 2009

These quotes say it perfectly

How I love and miss President Hinckley!

"Be Grateful. How thankful we ought to be. How comfortably we live. How very easy is life compared to what it once was . . . We have the miracles of medicine, the miracles of science, the miracles of communication, transportation, education--what a wonderful time in which to live! . . .I hope you walk with gratitude in your hearts, really. Grateful people are respectful people. Grateful people are courteous people. Grateful people are kindly people. Be grateful."

"Gratitude is the very essence of worship--thanksgiving to the God in Heaven, who has given us all that we have that is good."

2 comments:

Karin said...

:) I love President Hinkley and those quotes do bring a whole new appreciation for things.

Lizza said...

I LOVE this. I was thinking the other day how easy moms have it now. Can you imaging cooking over fires and washing dirty diapers in freezing cold rivers?