Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The last time I saw a mouth like that . . .

. . . it had a hook in it! ha ha. I took the girls to the duck pond with no intentions of catching a fish. We had bread and some hooks. Anyway, within minutes ella had caught a fish. I was so surprised I almost fell over. Kyle wasn't with me, so i had to do the dirty work myself and unhook the little fella. Then she caught another one and then kate caught two in a row!




Of course we went back the next night, and in 15 minutes we caught two more fish and a turtle.
Fishing is definately on our top 10 things to do in demopolis. The pictures are from my camera phone, hope you can see them.

3 comments:

Dana said...

So I guess I'm going to have to fess up...I've been stalking your blog for a while now, which is pretty pathetic since I can see your house from mine (I'm on the opposite corner in the red cedar)! It's sad that I haven't even properly introduced myself, which is so unlike me with new neighbors, but y'all came at a really hard time in my life! Anyway, isn't the duck pond great? We love to go feed the ducks and get tickled at the hens...there is one specific one who gets in my lap everytime we are there! There are lots of fish in that pond and it is a fun place to go! We used to take our now 6 year old son and he would have a ball. Need to add that to my to-do list! So, maybe one day I'll see you outside of blog world and properly introduce myself! Until then, I'm Dana!

Lynne Glassford said...

Fishing brings back so many memories with our family. I am so glad you are continuing this tradition. I still remember taking you (Brit) deep sea fishing and you catching a baby shark! We miss you and hope all is going well.

Love you,

Aunt Lynne

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

Looks like fun, My girls love to fish with their Grandpa, we need to get them together and have a fish fry!