Wednesday, January 07, 2009

My 2008 Person of the Year

The competition was steep this year with so many awesome friends and family, but one gal stood out from them all: ANNE, aka mom.

Mom, you are my person of the year for countless reasons. Here are just a few:



















Because you have an uncanny knack at knowing when your grandbabies will arrive . . . and always arrive just in time!

Because my kids love you so much sometimes they cry at night for you, just like you were their own mother.

Because your service is over the top (9 funerals, how many quilts? free haircuts and tons and tons of thoughtful cards, notes, surprise and packages to show people you care)

Because you know how to have a good time! Great food, great movies, great jokes, and lots of bad luck!

Because you somehow always volunteer to do the "dirty work": dishes, diapers, and the like.

Because you are always supportive and positive and my family's best cheerleader!

Because you always anticipate what people will need and have it ready and on hand!

Because even though you have a garage full of race cars, you choose to drive the beat up volvo.

Because no matter how many of your animals die, you still open your heart to more homeless strays!

Because you show everyone you meet that somehow they belong, that they are okay, that they have a friend in you if they need it.

Mom, thank you for being the best mom and grandma and mother-in-law that we could ask for. Having you here this Christmas made the season absolutely perfect, and those first few days getting to know Dash while you helped with the kids was the best Christmas gift of all!

Love You!!!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Congrats Anne! Brit, I am sure your learned from the best and you are well on the way to being the same mom to your own children.

Becky said...

Oh Brit, you brought a tear to my eye. I'm sure she needed that after today. You always have a way with words. It was so fun talking today, can't wait to see you.

How Sweet it is! said...

I agree, Anne is the best. Always there for everyone.!

Sarah said...

I love Anne. Great tribute for a wonderful and beautiful woman!

Hope all is going well:)

Michelle and Nick said...

I agree wholeheartedly!! Anne is the best and was so much help to me becoming a Liechty. I mean who else would paint a message for Nick on my belly with sunless tanning lotion right before the wedding. :-) LOVE THAT WOMAN!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Mom is the best! I wish she believed it because she does more for anyone than anybody else.

Seriously with the baby thing too- What perfect timing. :)

Macdonalds said...

Anne is the best, she is amazing at everything! I'm glad you guys realize and appreciate just how great she is.