Friday, January 09, 2009

ella my bella

Ella has been extra funny lately. Here are some of her latest antics:

















This week Ella got mad at me, took a deep breath and yelled "YOU SIMPLETON!"

When I asked her what the word meant or where she heard it, all she could say was, "Well, I wanted to say, "YOU IDIOT," so I tried to find a nicer word." I'm still laughing.
-----------------------
Ella, did you take the money that was on my nightstand? ($130, in an envelope)
"No, i didn't do it."
Do you think you could help me find it? It's important.
"You know, I think i may have seen it up in the playroom. I'll go look for you."
Oh, good you found it. Katie or Dash probably took it, huh?
"Oh, alright, it was me."
---------------------------
"Mom, Dad cares about biking and golf. I care about love. Love is much better."
---------------------------








My only goal for 2009 is to get the kids outside every day. Notice all the friends I have to keep track of in addition to my three kids: FEZ, TINA, WOLFY, ROAR, SNOWBALL, etc.


After a year of sleeping on air mattresses, the girls finally got beds. It is working out much better.




The girls are always worried Dash needs a friend. It's time we got some buzz lightyears and stuff I think.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

no words...your kids are hands down the cutest.

love the girls bedroom, all of the rooms in your house could be models for a magazine. could you be any more perfect!:)

Macdonalds said...

Their bedroom is so cute! I totally agree about the buzz lightyear and maybe some cars or dinosaurs. Your kids are so sweet.

Karin said...

The bedroom/playroom is adorable. I really like it. Dad and I were laughing this morning about all the things Ella has said lately. Dad has now thrown simpleton back into his vocabulary.

I was thinking about things I learned, etc from 2008 and people that I looked up to. Just wanted you to know that I learned a lot from your attitude. I know things haven't been what you expected or hoped for in AL but you've learned a lot and are positive about everything you've gone through. I'm grateful that you are a grateful person and don't take everything for granted. I love that you are willing to let your kids be kids but at the same time take great care of them. Andrea always tells me that happy kids are a result of happy/optimistic parents. Ella and Kate really are adorable. They are the best of friends and I love it.

Dash is growing up tons. He is so cute and I just want to hold him again.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

love their beds. love dash. we'll trade you a buzz for a barbie :)

love your goal for the year! it just happens to be one of mine, too. kids are so much happier outside, playing hard in the sunshine, getting dirty! we'll have to play outside together when you get here!

oh ella. after i was done laughing i was thinking about what a sweet little thing she is. way to go brit, she's darling and has officially learned everything from you that she should have: you can go ahead and think it, but for goodness sakes don't say it! who cares if it comes out as "simpleton" except now you know what she means. that's funny.

Becky said...

Their room is darling, that is the playroom right? Ya, they need a bed of their own. I love how nice ella is when she wants to be mean! She's a sneaky one.

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

How precious, I love your girls!! I am sure I will love your boy just as much, if I ever get down there to meet him. I love the bedroom.

Tricia said...

Ella is absolutely the most polite four-year-old I know. As for boy toys, we can hook you up. Although Dash will probably have to be good at the girl stuff anyway. Evan painted my toenails yesterday and put curlers in my hair today. It should be part of every man's training "how to deal with girls". Don't worry though. We are also signing him up for football next year.

Young Baldwin said...

Simpleton comes from a PBS show... I forgot which one but they call someone a simpleton every time a character gets angry. They do that weird facial expression too. PBS is trying encourage the kids to build and use their vocabulary. Simpleton means "a person lacking intelligence or common sense."