Monday, February 20, 2012

Ella's Baptism

Since we had 2 weeks to kill with no baby we decided to have a baptism. Ella turned 8 on Saturday and my parents and sister's family came as well as some sweet friends from the ward.

The fabulous Susan Lybbert helped Ella sew her dress. Ella chose the pattern, cut it out and did a lot of it herself. Grandma Janie sent some white shoes and scriptures, Grandma Anne had some special jewelry, and we were set.

It was short, very sweet and low key. Kyle did a great job and Kate said the closing prayer. I think Ella had a perfect day. We were proud of her for making such a big decision.

"He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do." 2 Nephi Ch. 31












2 comments:

Kathy said...

I have been sewing since I was very young and I must say ...great job Ella!!

And black is definatly your color, I cannot tell you are pregnant!

gillespie said...

Congratulations Ella! Wish we could be there. Love your dress.