Friday, March 18, 2011

Yummy recipe

Yummy salad dressing:

2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1/3 cup canola oil
3 Tbsp sugar
1 16 ounce can of pears

Blend until smooth. Adjust the sugar to desired sweetness.

Works perfectly with baby greens, sliced apples and pears, candied pecans and gorgonzola cheese . . .
Or strawberries, bacon and parmesan cheese.

-----------
Funny kid happenings I need to record:

Kate: "Mom, sometimes when you're not around, I say bad words quietly under my breath. Sorry about that."

Kate: "The boy in my gymnastics class told me he loves me. His name is spider man. He calls me spider girl."

Kate: "Mom, I can't believe you are making us go to bed! Don't you love your children!??"

Ella: "When you tell a lie, there's a hole in your heart that gets bigger and bigger, until you tell the truth, and then the hole gets smaller and smaller."

Ella is being recognized in the school assembly today for being a star student with good behavior.

Dash: Insists on carrying his golf clubs everywhere. He has a real putter, driver, and wedge. Is out golfing in his pajamas as we speak. Yells, "Awesome!" when he has a good hit.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Your salad looked so yummy I had to make one today that was similar. Romaine, strawberries, feta, candied pecans and bacon.

Your kids are so cute and getting so big. I hope our paths cross soon. I miss you!