Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oh, the happy things of Reno

Demopolis had Walmart and a butcher. You had to drive an hour for decent produce or specialty items, and with 3 crazy kids you know how often I did that.

Well, the clouds have parted and the produce gods did their best to light up my day.

Oh, yes, today was our inaugural trip to whole foods. I spent 45 minutes in the produce department while Kyle sat in the car with the kids. It was heaven. He called a few times but I just couldn't pull myself away.

Everything was organic, bright and fresh. They bundled my strawberries up in a paper bag for me and I saw at least 3 types of vegetables I had never seen in person before. And the cheese section! Needless to say, my fridge is ready for some yummy meals if you happen to be in the neighborhood.

And as a side note, here is Dr. Oz's anti-cancer shopping list. Looks tasty to me, minus the tea and wine :).











4 comments:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

i am SO jealous! there are 3 wholefoods in utah...all of them 45 minutes away. we buy lots of organic but we're pretty limited at target :)

Karin said...

It all looks so yummy. Feed me.

Kathy said...

Brit.
We have whole foods in Bham...come back.

Tricia said...

Your fridge is beautiful. It looks so happy!