Monday, June 08, 2009

Scroll down for pix

Some updates from the South:

-Kyle is thinking about petitioning the city to make golf carts legal. Just goes to show anyone can be involved in government if they are inspired.

-We all pile into Kyle's new golf cart like those people in India who put 7 people on a motorcycle.

-Dash is doing the army crawl and rolls to where he wants to go.

-Kate has recently learned to ride Ella's old bike with training wheels. She has grit and is going to rock the two wheels.

-Zorro leaves his mark with a Z. Kate leaves her mark with a squiggly Q. It's all over the house, in all sizes, in all mediums (chalk, pen, marker, crayon).

-I've been working too much. Big debate in the Gillespie home if I should retire again for awhile. The problem is it's hard to resurrect the clients after you send them packing.

-Found a new nanny, Ellie, to help me when I have projects. She is awesome. Ella told her, "Don't be sad if I call you Ashley for awhile."

-The kids are LOVEing the pool. Kate jumps in without notice; Ella can swim underwater without goggles and without plugging her nose. I am starting to swim laps and I can't ever seem. to get. enough. air!

-Kyle saw another alligator. That makes two in a month.

-Every day, Kate says at least 15 times, "Grandma's house? Pack up!" in fact, they are already packed.


















7 comments:

gillespie said...

Come sooner - Heather
I'll see you in awhile - Megan
Come over and have some yogurt - Paige
We can't wait to see you guys(or ladies as Heather is quick to point out). Emily

Karin said...

Time out- Dash is already army crawling? Kate is riding a bike? Kate can draw 'Q's - what is going on?? You guys are growing too fast!!!

I love all of the pictures. I'm glad Ella and Kate are so close. It is my favorite thing watching Sienna and Sadie tease each other.

Love you all!! (PS- do they have police in Demopolis? jk)

Macdonalds said...

I need to see you guys when you come!

Tricia said...

Those are some beautiful kids! Lore went through the writing phase too. I still have permanent marker on a wall that is not coming off. That pool is definitely calling our name. See you soon!

gina said...

I want to see everyone packed in the cart!

.l i c k t e e s. said...

we cannot wait to play and see dash crawling! awesome! and ella needs to get cole swimming without goggles. i wish he would give those up...his teacher is working on it :)

i think no more spring babies for us-it keeps us out of the pool too much. we are way jealous of your pool time :)

.l i c k t e e s. said...

p.s. love the swim suits. do they come in gracie's size?