Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanksgiving

There is an eerie calm before the storm here in demopolis...

My house is clean, the girls are being awesome, and Kyle has been extra sweet ...

Dash Morgan Gillespie even has a name. We're way ahead of schedule.

I am more nervous for this one than the other two. Maybe it's because the hospital is two hours away. Maybe because surgery hurts, dang it! Or maybe its because I have no idea what to do with a boy.

Regardless, i am really enjoying the last few days of peace and calmness. I am also grateful for such an awesome support team.

It's amazing how much you need your mom, even if its just over the phone, even if you're across the country . . . and how much family, good friends, and a loving husband and kids can make all the difference.

This thanksgiving I am thankful for all of you and for the new adventures that are coming. and if any of you are short of things to pray for this season, add me to the list. i am going to need it.

7 comments:

Macdonalds said...

I can totally feel your pain about the c-section(probably the #1 reason I'm not ready for another baby). I'll be praying for you. You are a great mom! I love my boys, they are total sweethearts, they are just really busy. Your girls are going to be great with him! Little Dash is going to be such a blessing to your family. Hang in there Brit. Your mom has great timing so you don't need to worry.

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

You are an awesome mom, I am sure you are not going to have any problems at all!! If you need anything let me know, I would love to watch your little girls!!

Kathy said...

Brit,
I did have my Kyle just 7 minutes after getting to the hospital that was only 20 minutes away. So there is something to be said for scheduled c-sections. Boys are so much easier than girls, you are such a great mom, you will figure out quickly what to do with a boy. Thank God for mothers they do make everything better.
I hope you and Kyle know, we are here for you to help in any way we can. I love the name!!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I still can't believe how fast it is coming up. I am so excited to see little Dash. Good luck with everything, you guys are in our prayers.

I love the pictureso of the girls. They are growing up so fast. I keep telling myself Ella is going to be 4 in February and then I abou lose it thinking that she will be 5 and Kate and Sienna are going to be 2.

Love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karin

Sarah said...

Go get em' tiger you'll do great!!

Young Baldwin said...

Remember all storms blow over. It's what you do about the wreckage that counts.

Richard H. Glassford II said...

Hey Brit,

When we had Heather we were living at the house at the shop. Lynne said she was having some contractions but she always had contractions at least the last month. Next thing I know she was yelling "it is time". I drove down state street with her yelling at me go.... go..... go....I ran all the lights (bad boy) and when we got there and Heather was ready to make her day bu. Each delivery seemed so different.

Looks like you all are having a great time in the deep south. We hope to see your new son soon,

Rich and Lynne