Tuesday, November 04, 2008

girls day out and a few randoms

So I decided to make an appearance at the doctor today. I haven't been since early september because it's two hours away, and seriously, all they do is say, "yep, you've gained weight. Yep, your belly's growing. Any questions? "

So today my game plan was to move my due date up four weeks. I've been having regular contractions and can't sleep and my belly is BIG. But before i could present my case, my doctor said I'm measuring 5 weeks behind and sent me for another ultrasound. i told her she is crazy because the kid has to be at least the size of a watermelon.

needless to say, after the ultrasound we set a date for Dec 18 at 5:00 a.m. She also told me that if my contractions continue and since it's my 3rd C-section, she won't turn me away if i show up at the hospital sometime in December. anne gets here Dec. 17 so i'll try to hold out until then for ella and kate's sake.

so since we were in bhm, we made a day of it. museum, park, carousel, sushi, and more. kate and ella make for great company.

Other interesting things:

  • Ella informed me last night: "Mom, I don't actually live here; i'm just visiting. I actually live with Grandma."
  • Sometimes it takes Kate a minute to get my attention. Until today, when she was frustrated with me and yelled, "Bippity Boppity!" When I asked her what she said, she did it again. "Bippity Boppity!" No joke, it was hilarious. I guess the girls need to cut back on cinderella I, II, and III.

  • also, today kyle took his life back. it gets dark here at 5:00, so today he got his golf in at lunch and put lights on his bike. laps around the golf course make for a nice time trial. 12 minutes a lap, 4 laps. love ya, babe! glad to see you back at it.





6 comments:

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

I love your girls, you need to leave them with me next time you are up here.

Karin said...

Bippity Boppity! That picture of Kate is beautiful. I can't wait to see Dash. Oh- did you know that a little cartoon guy on PBS name is Dash. He isnt' on a show, he is the PBS boy or something. I don't know.

Sarah said...

your kids eat sushi?!

.l i c k t e e s. said...

from karin's comment above: is it final? it's dash?
and never plan on having a baby early...it always backfires :) at least you are scheduled!

Becky said...

so fun, sorry you're measuring small and feeling huge. December is soon though and although you can't sleep, it may come quick, I hope!

Ashley Whimpey: The One with the Fairy Dust said...

Good luck with your last month of pregnancy! You're having a girl, right? Any names picked out?