Monday, March 10, 2008

Butterflies






Some people have cats. Some have dogs.


We, on the other hand, raise butterflies.


Ella took a bath with her butterflies, rocked them to sleep, gave them a check-up, and named them (tina, buddy, grandma anne, grandpa dug, and cole). We let them loose in the house and Cole disappeared. When he returned, his new name was karin.

We even took them to Kyle's work. They were a hit.

Later in the day one of the butterflies flew away. Ella started crying and it was about the saddest thing in the whole world. I told her "Don't be sad. Now he's free." That was a new idea to her and it seemed to do the trick.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

well, that has got to be the cutest present and the cutest girl recieving the present!
Ann ROCKS and ella is simply delightful, when I am a grandma I want to do that!
Hope all of the little critters are still buzzin' around!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Mom played Ella's clip over the phone for me because I didn't have the computer... but now I do. She is so funny, smart, beautiful, etc. I just adore Ella and can't wait to see her. I can't believe how quick her brain works. That was the coolest idea...butterflies... only Anne comes up with something that fun.

Anonymous said...

i tried telling cole that ella named a butterfly after him and all he could say was "me a boy! not a butterfwy!" and cute video! we miss you guys! give the girls loves from their favorite boy cousins ;)

Macdonalds said...

That was so cute! Anne sure comes up with great ideas.

Richard H. Glassford II said...

Awesome activity..... I remember doing the same with Jessica, Angela and Rachel when they were little. We were living at the home in front of the shop and raised monarch butterflies. Good memories !!

Just in case you did not know the butterflies are in the family Nymphalidae. Ha ! Looks like Ella will be a great entomologist.

Later, Rich and Lynne