Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I luckily still have a wife

All I have to say is I have a great wife! I have put her through hell and back and I just about broke her yesterday and I am sorry.

It all started few months after we got married and I quit my job at BYU so I would have time to train and race my bike. Meanwhile she taught piano lessons, had a job editing at my family tales and was finishing her degree at BYU. Then I move her 2000 miles across the country to Alabama of all places, away from all family, and friends only a few months after Ella was born. She continued to work from the home and take care of Ella while I was at school and studying all day. We sold all of her bikes to pay for my tuition while I kept 2 and rode them often. I later picked up golf and played at least once a week I think I even played the day kate was born. She continued to work and take care of our family.

More recently I told her we should not move back to Utah and bought a house in Demopolis without her seeing it. We sold our house in Gardendale, moved into a 3rd story apartment with no furniture for 3 months (literally no furniture) then moved into our house in demopolis that was under remodeling and lived without a kitchen of 3 months. The day our kitchen was finished (Brittney's dream kitchen) I told I felt like we should sell the house and move around the corner to a slightly smaller house. (which she was ok with)

Yesterday we had someone coming to look at the house and I had the morning off work and was painting but was called by work and told I had 5 patients waiting for me so I had to clean up leave and the house was not in showing condition. This was the straw that broke the camels back. Brittney got the job done, cleaned up the house while chasing two crazy children, did I mention it was her Birthday! and Ella's Birthday! I did not get her a birthday present, only the thought of moving again.

I am lucky to still have a wife.

She has made our family what it is, in every way, socailly, emotionally, spirtually, financially, physically everything. She makes the friends, I scare them away, she makes the money, I spend it, she plans scripture study, I bring golf digest, It's a birthday or specail event, I don't forget but don't do anything about it. I am a lowlife.

I am lucky to still have a wife.

Enough said, I want Brittney and everyone else to know she is awesome, I am sorry for making her life miserable, please don't leave me.

p.s. We have one more potential buyer for the house and if they don't buy it we are not selling.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It takes a good man to admit certain things...i have to agree with you that Brittney is a hell of a gal! You guys make a great team and make super cute little girls! Good luck with the house situation, we are in the same boat!