Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ford GT Supercar

Yesterday was open track race day at the Miller motorsports park. I rode up with Doug in the Ford GT and watched him bust out some laps among Ferrari's, Porches and other race cars. Doug was working everyone up there except a couple of professional racers that had driven the track thousands of times. His GT rocks. Doug was pushing it hard and went off the track and spun a few times, luckily no damage and he got right back into the action. Doug getting ready to blow by the porche.

After the races I went golfing at sleepy ridge with my dad, Bart, and Bryan on the front nine and Doug and Jake on the back nine. It was a good time but the playing conditions are way different here than in Alabama so it will take some getting used too

Utah is as I remember it, the sweetest place around. I have been on a couple of bike rides with my dad and Bryan up south fork and they have put the hurt on me but I was able to hang on. We also watched the finish of stage one of the Tour of Utah on Monday. I am looking forward to watching Saturdays stage, 12000+ feet of climbing around the alpine loop and finishing at Snowbird, it will be a suffer fest.

No comments: