So, one night in August the kids and I started talking about going on a road trip to Utah and a few other states. (Nevada, maybe California). When I woke up the next morning they had packed their own suitcases and were literally waiting in the van. It was my sign they were ready for an adventure. I packed my stuff and within a couple hours we had said goodbye to Kyle and were on our way.
18 days later we had packed in enough fun to last the whole year. Here are a few memories the kids said we should remember. Feel free to skip to pictures.
- Chanting "Utah! Utah!" all through Idaho
- Ashley wins the award for best baby traveler ever
- We (meaning I) drove 15 hours straight and arrived just after 1:00 a.m.
- Grandpa Dug, Grandma Anne and Shelby were waiting for us like always
- Cafe Rio every day
- 2 baseball games with Grandpa (thanks for the treats, Julie!)
- Blaring "Paradise City" in Grandpa's truck
- Boating with Uncle Jake and cousins
- Watched lots of Olympics with Grandma Anne
- Grandma Janie had a backwards/opposite party that was lots of fun!
- Shelby got a fancy haircut!
- Scera Pool with Kate's BFF molly
- Races with the cousins in the backyard
- Splash pad with Grandma Janie
- Fancy restaurants for lunch with Grandmpa (Chuck-O-Rama) LoL
- Everyone sleeps in the same bed
- 7 or so days in Utah
- Drove another 10 hours to Reno
- Surprise welcoming party at Kelly Couture's
- Ella's quote: "We have the BEST friends! They are waiting for us!"
- 3 days with Kelly Couture (Swimming, children's museum, park at the river)
- Sushi with the girls (thank you husbands for watching all the kids)
- 3 days with Courtney
- Stole John's jeep for late night In-and-Out
- Roasted tomato soup
- Sleepovers at Ashlyn's house ("Mom, Mrs. Sandra let us stay up all night and eat all the candy we wanted!)
- Awesome run along the Truckee
- Kyle arrived and 4 more days at Squaw Valley
- Celebrated anniversary and awesome date
- Swam to the buoy
- French Crepes
- And so much more
We were so glad Kyle arrived to drive us home. We had the best time and the kids were awesome. Thanks, everyone, for all the fun!!!
|Keeping baby occupied|