Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mesquite Marathon 26.2 miles

We came, we ran, we conquered! Mesquite delivered gale-force headwinds and miles of hills but overall a great time!

Best support crew ever! They introduced me to Icy Hot. Why have I never used the stuff? Amazing!

I never hit "the wall" but at about mile 23 I felt that if I didn't eat that second I was going to die. Hurray for granola bars and Mark, who jumped in to run the last 3 miles with me. Total time was 4:39.

Best part of the day was the hot tub! Then we got up at 4:00 a.m., drove to vegas and flew home. I tried to go to church and lasted about 10 minutes. Kyle drove me home and let me sleep. What a great hubby. Next time he is coming with me.

Anyway, here's to another awesome day of being alive and 30!!!

3 comments:

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

You are amazing, just to finish that kind of a race is awesome but to do it in such a short time, that is really amazing!! Congrats!!

ROSIE said...

Amazing my dear! I am so excited for you. Congrats on being awesome and 30!!

JENNE said...

Marathon when you are 30. Triathlon when you are 40.
What do we do when we are 50?