Friday, October 15, 2010

The Marathon Begins . . .

Where to start? Kyle turned in his notice at work. We are buying a practice in Washington State and there is a lot to do in the next two months.

Wrap up loose ends in Reno
Find good schools in new state
Find nice house in new state
Find renters to replace current lease
Move all of our junk
Begin prepping for takeover of new business

Frankly, I’m still not over leaving my friends in Bama so my coping strategy this time around borders somewhere between avoidance and denial. Suffice it to say I love my people and don’t like to leave them.

On the other hand, I am so excited for Kyle to find the opportunity he is looking for. We moved to Demopolis to buy a practice and when it was clear that wasn’t going to work out Kyle began searching for the right thing.

It is an interesting feeling looking at a map of the country and saying, “Okay, where do we want to build a life.” I always thought I would raise my family in Utah, but with limited options there we have expanded our vision.

Our qualifications were 1. Live somewhere that inspires us. 2. Live somewhere we can make a good living and not struggle. 3. Live within striking distance of family.

I hope Washington proves to be all of those things. From my limited experience there it seems like recreation heaven with access to lots of new adventures.

Moving sucks, and that’s that. But when asked to trade the people we’ve met and the experiences we’ve had . . . I choose the people and experiences every time.

I feel like our time here in Nevada has been a gift. Tahoe’s blue water is spiritual. And the people in Reno have been amazing. I don’t know . . . some things change you and you are never the same.

So . . . that’s the Gillespie update. And because we have some dead space in the next month where we have a lot of waiting to do I think I am going to run a marathon. It just seems fitting. After all, thirties are the new twenties, right?

Anyway, miss all of you, wherever you are.

b

8 comments:

ROSIE said...

Good for you Brit! I am so excited for your new adventure. You have an amazing gift to find whatever you and your family needs in new places. And you are lucky to have so many good friends all over the place. It makes for easy vacationing :)

Kathy said...

I think your life is a marathon!! Remember when you were packing to move to Demopolis and I rescued Kate? She was a most uphappy infant that evening, now I laugh at the things she gets into. It doesn't seem that I will visit you in Reno, but I still have a nice credit with American Airlines!! Washington will be a nice place to visit.

Ashley Whimpey: The One with the Fairy Dust said...

Wow. You guys are crazy!! I don't know how you can move around the U.S. so fast, but like you said, it's worth the experience. I'm glad that Kyle has found a great job, and in Washington!!! Have you ever been there? It is BEAUTIFUL. You will definitely be able to find good hikes and camping spots. Just watch out for ticks please!! And Seattle remains to be one of my favorite cities. You will love it. I'm excited for you guys!! Good luck!

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

Wow, that is the last thing I thought I would read. Moving does suck!! I hope you are happy in Washington I hear it is beautiful, my sister-in-law just moved to Seatle. I wish you all the luck in the world, you are awesome, and an inspiration.

Macdonalds said...

Washington is beautiful! I hope everything works out well. Moving is the worst. Good luck with your marathon, I envy your determination.

gina said...

"expanded our vision"...clever...

Lindsey said...

Wow! Another move! How exciting! It sounds like you guys will love Washington. Good luck and keep us posted on your experiences.

Sarah said...

You basically are superwoman! Go get em'!!