Saturday, September 18, 2010

running

Courtney is the girl right next to me. We are training for a marathon. Actually she is training for it and I am her trainer/support team. All the excercize without any of the pressure. Awesome.

Today we ran 17 miles and it was pain free. I think I could have easily made it 20 but I am trying to not push myself and build strength. Considering knee problems of the past I feel like this is a blessing in my life right now. Years of base miles later I am ready to run.
















Very grateful for Kyle's strawberry jam sandwich at mile 12. I hit a wall of hunger that makes me think next time I better take breakfast a little more seriously.

I would like to be able to run 30 miles or some kind of ultra. We will see how that goes. One of these days I may ride a mountain bike again. After all, it is my first love and definately more fun.

5 comments:

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

Holy cow girl that is awesome, I hate running, if I make it 2 miles I am happy!

ROSIE said...

Seriously Brit, I need the secret. I am soooooooooo jealous!! Way to go :)

gina said...

Thanks for smashing my ego that was apparently too inflated with my 4 mile run....you're a machine!

gillespie said...

Only 17 miles because you're trying not to push yourself? That's great.

Sarah said...

I'm so happy for you! That's a huge accomplishment! I LOVE the girls Halloween costumes! You have such a cute family Brit!