Monday, August 25, 2008

Today I Fed 27 People

Kyle came home and asked if I took a nap today. The answer is no, I did not take a nap. In fact, besides the every day stuff I fed 27 people lunch, all in different locations.

kyle's office (13 ish)
sister soliday, newly returned from the ICU (1)
senior missionaries, mover, and the two new elders (5)
myself and katie (2)
kyle (who didn't like what everyone else was eating so i made him a chicken burritto) (1)
ella's preschool teachers (4)
ella's sack lunch (1)

I have also come out of retirement for a few days to work on a project for a friend, so needless to say, no nap today. Tomorrow is booked. Maybe I can work one in Thursday.

Our trip to Georgia was awesome. The drive was fun and the kids got along great with each other. The Solomon's were perfect hosts, and their house and practice was amazing. Starting an optometry practice from scratch takes guts, and they are doing a fantastic job.

Kyle suprised us on the way down Thursday night and put us up in a nice hotel. The room had 2 king beds with all the fixings. Ella was in heaven and told us she felt like a queen. Then she told me to turn on some "soft, soothing music." What a kick.

It has been raining torrentially for days now and the puddles are amazing. I'll try and get some pix of the kids tomorrow. Here's to a few more days of summer!

4 comments:

Young Baldwin said...

: ) See mothers don't get all the credit they deserve I'm tellin' ya.Hopefully monsoon season will be over tomorrow or partially over so you can come to the funeral.Sister Perkins made me fell guilty about not singing and pressured me into lip sinking...oh boy!I'm going to get checked out of school to go as well as the rest of the youth or hopefully I can skip school altogether.

_Orla B._

Sarah said...

Nice job Betty Crocker.

Tricia said...

Wonder Woman is at it again! Good job Brit!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Demopolis had 27 people, way to feed the town!! :)

I love the VP pick and the more I hear about her the more I think she is just what McCain needed and what we need. I have a glimpse of hope again for November.

Karin