I am sorry I have disapointed my faithful readers of the blog. My golfing trip to Utah really took its toll. I played golf about 15 times or about every other day and rode my bike a few times, it was great.
Here is a list of courses I played at, along with personal course rating.
1. Talons Cove My personal favorite course in Utah, home of the Utah open, A must play.
2. Alpine Country Club great course but private so befriend a rich guy or gal with a membership
3. Hobble Creek golf course Awesome course, great scenery, great price, a grandpa frank fave
4. Tri-city golf course Fun course, good price, walking friendly
5. Wasathch Mountain State Park beautiful scenery, fun course
6.Thanksgiving point Great layout, highly disapointed with the greens and way over priced.
7. Cascade Mountain course Really fun challanging course, huge elevation changes. I eagled the 15th hole on two seperate occassions! Awesome!
8. Sleepy Ridge golf course Good links style course, very flat, walking friendly
9. Cascade Valley course Ok course, convientent, walking friendly and great price. Great practice facility that is FREE
As far as I can remember these are all the course I played while in Utah.
Life back in Alabama is good, it took awhile for the family to get over the depression of leaving Utah but we are hanging in there. Ella got a new bike she loves to rally around the garage.
I have been missing my faithful golf buddies Doug, Roger, and Grandpa Frank but I have been playing at least once a week sometimes twice. I have been buying a selling golf clubs more than ever lately, (Brittney and the post office lady are on first name basis). I have had 6 or 7 drivers in the past couple of months but I am back to the R5 dual draw bias 9.5 degree with a Graffaloy stiff shaft. I have an R5 dual TP 10.5 degree with Aldila protoype NV 75 stiff shaft coming this week we will see how it measures up. I bought a TaylorMade rac tp froged 6 iron for $1.25 to demo ($100+ value), these may be my next set of irons.
Brittney and I set some goals the other day, my #1 goal was to qualify to play in the Utah state amateur or Utah Open in 2 or 3 years. Other goals included graduate from Optometry school and move out of bama. (Brittney made some goals too but she threw them away and is going to start over. She said hers weren't as fun as mine. She also said that having a goal like graduating from school is like her saying she would get up and feed ella breakfast. It's a given. not a goal.) Oh yeah I passed the national board exam with flying colors. pheew!
I am going to play in The Alabama Amateur Golf Tour next year. I would have started this year but their last 3 events are on Sunday instead of Saturday. The director called me last Sunday and wanted me to play, I guess football season is hurting the attendace, it was tempting.