Monday, February 23, 2009

The Year of the Monkey

So, Kyle and I have declared this the Year of Fun. We have a couple vacations planned and are going to take advantage of our time in the south by riding bike paths in charleston, savannah, and seaside.

Some years have been the Year of Work, the Year of Graduation, the Year of Blessings, the Year of the Babies . . . I am excited to try out the Year of Fun.

-------------------------
Kyle took each of the girls out on a special date for their birthdays.

Ella wanted to get dressed up and go to dinner. "It was romantic even though it was my dad."

Kate decided to go golfing. I'm sure she came up with that on her own.

----------------------------
Kyle and I were born in the Year of the Monkey. What year are you?

People born in the Year of the Monkey are the erratic geniuses of the cycle. Clever, skillful, and flexible, they are remarkably inventive and original and can solve the most difficult problems with ease. There are few fields in which Monkey people wouldn't be successful but they have a disconcerting habit of being too agreeable. They want to do things now, and if they cannot get started immediately, they become discouraged and sometimes leave their projects. Although good at making decisions, they tend to look down on others. Having common sense, Monkey people have a deep desire for knowledge and have excellent memories. Monkey people are strong willed but their anger cools quickly. They are most compatible with the Dragon and Rat.

5 comments:

Young Baldwin said...

I'm must be an exception to EVERYTHING or zodiac signs are bogus. (Actually for the most part it's true but certain points they make in here I have some problems with.)

I'll post my thoughts on my blog if you want to see them all.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I think it is so cute that they went on dates. I'm glad it was romantic too. We want to put our girls in golf and then they can get scholarships. :)

Sarah said...

i can't wait for me and glen's year of fun...

All of your vacations sounds simply perfect! HAVE FUN!

ROSIE said...

Tri training is good! When I can find the time of course :) I want to hear about your vacations you have planned . . .

Hailey said...

Stella is a monkey. Clever cute monkey.
The Chinese zodiac explains, or excuses, a lot! There is a pig, sheep, horse, ox, monkey, snake, beagle [real critter] & dragon under our roof... hmmm, maybe that explains the zoo-like smells...